Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Mythology

Boys and Girls, I know many of you are very interested in the Mythology unit we are studying in reading.  We all seems to have our favorite myths. I want to know what your favorite myth is and why.Comment below and be sure to tell me your favorite myths and the reasons in detail.  I look forward to reading your answers! Ms. S

19 comments:

  1. Miss Sapello my favorite myth is Pandora's box because Zues made a girl and he gave her a box on her wedding and he said don't open it. She was so corious one day while her husband was gone she opened it misery came out that was the end and I can't wait to learn more.
    AC2
    Plus I can't wait till I learn about more corious things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MS.Sapello when we was doing is working on mythology I tell you something how mudus got a crus when she little and I like her because when a preons look at her they turn into stone and rembur when we watch herclurns I saw so fact about it and Ms.Sapello what is favorite myth? sometimes when I go home I think that mythology is cloo to me .tomorrow when we go to school can you tell the class what is your favorite god.
    SB1

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite myth is Percy Jackson. I like Percy Jackson because it tells a lot about myths.I like Percy Jackson because it has myth cheaters . I like Percy Jackson because the heave goat heave man he was nice a sweet.He saved lives .He received what he wanted.

    KF 20

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite myth is hdra why because it stop and can't go to far it just like my brother because he don't like going to far ok back to the myth in the movie. she stop two time because it was to far for her they had to go without the mom than they went back down with the mom . she went back home where she had live they had went back to the camp and saw his friend it was fun movie.
    a.l.12

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite myth is Greek Mythology! It has every god and goddess. It has a few stories in the book. It also has information about most of the gods and goddesses. My favorite story in Greek Mythology is Pandora's Box. Zeus gives Pandora a box and he says, "don't open the box". She wanted to know what was in the box. She decided to open it when Zeus told her, "don't open the box". When she opened it angry and other felling's came out of the box. She really shouldn't of open the box.
    JM13

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite myth was Athena because she turned someone into a spider and also she always says she's better then every one else . But one day she finds out she's not .But at the end of the day she learns her lesson and wishes she can take back every thing.
    SM14

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite Mythology story is Medusa. I will give you reasons why. Reason1: I like it because Medusa can turn you into stone. Reason2: I like it because Medusa is 1 of the Gorgons. Reason3:I like it because she gets killed by Perseus. Last reason: I like it because she got turned into a Gorgon by Athena.
    IR16

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite myth is Zeus, and Hercules because they both have the power of strength, and Zeus has the power of lightning. And Zeus gave Hercules the powers he had, because Hercules is Zeus's son. And I liked the Percy Jackson Movie we watched it was a awesome movie about myths. And I actually learned from that movie that Gods, or Woman Gods cant see there son or daughter if they are a Demi God.
    B.W #19

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite myth is Acela's heel it is my favorite because when his Mom dips him in a special water by his heel . So he only has one week spot that is his heel. Then he gets bigger and can go fight and get shot by a bow in his heel.
    GC11

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite myth is Aphrodite. Aphrodite is a goddess of love. Aphrodite is my favorite myth because she is the goddess of love, she's pretty, she can make people from clay turn into human, and she is very nice. The reason I pick Aphrodite because when we did our mythology cards and our reading I got so interesting in her.
    My favorite mythology creature is Medusa the gorgon. Medusa is a gorgon. I like Medusa because she is a gorgon, she turn people into stone, and if you cut her head she's not dead

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite hero is Theseus. I like him because he knew that his father should stop sending teens out to make them die. When he got there a girl fell in love with him. When he got there the girl gave him a ball of yarn, so he didn't get lost. He had to let go of the ball of yarn. He killed the Minatar, but couldn't find the yarn. When he was done the girl wanted to marry him. He didn't want to get marred, so he left her on an island.
    KD3

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite myth is Aridie because it said that Athena and Aridie are doing a contest and I like contests. When the story said that Aridie said something mean to Athena and Athena got so mad that she dress like a old women. Then Athena talk to Aridie then Athena took off her costume and that's when I started to like this book. I also like this book because I was really sure I like this book because it kind of had all my favorite things my favorite part was when Athena turn Aranie to a spier . I really enjoy this book. JH7

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite myth is Theseus and the Minotaur because when Theseus goes into the maze of the minotaur it is very dark. Before he goes to find and fight the minotaur a lady goes into the maze and gives him a ball of string. When Theseus goes to fight the minotaur he struggles to fight. When he won he was very proud of himself until he drops the ball of string and he thought lost it but when he felt it he grabbed the ball of string and pulled himself to the main entrance and left.
    WW18

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite myth is Pandora and the reason that is my favorite myth is because it has a very good lesson. Pandora is a made up girl that Zeus wanted to be made so the humans would get a punishment for stilling fire . The gods and goddess would be in charge of the fire . but someone did not like that so he sole the fire form the gods and goddess . So Zeus punish them by making Pandora to get mired to someone to and for a gifted she got a box that Zeus told her to never open but she did .
    KH8

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite myth is Theseus and the Minotaur first of all it looks cool and I like its ax. The main reason is because of the story how Theseus did not appreciate the help the kings daughter gave him. I think Theseus could just have said I'm not interested in you and did not have his dad died. That shows me I have to say thank you when someone helps me. I also like Persephone and the four seasons because for a while it made me think she was still in the underworld that's why it snowed a lot and even In spring. I like how they explain how the four seasons came to be but it is only a made up story to explain nature. AE5

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Ms. Sapello I wanted you to know that I have many different kinds of favorite myths one of my most favorite one is Perseus and Medusa. Its because its an interesting story that inspires me by doing stuff like the king saying to cut off Medusa's head for his birthday but he turns to stone himself and it wasn't a short story instead of saying a sentence of what Perseus did to Medusa. Another one is Demeter and her daughter Persephone because it gave lots of details about and it intrests me of how that if you eat the undergrounds food you can never leave also the way how she went home in Spring and Summer and went back underground in Winter and Autumn.
    CT17

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite myth is Artemis. I like her because she is brave and when we watched Percy Jackson I got so interested in her. The reason I decided to write about her because she is a good light and what that means is that she is either a good person. Zeus think the family of Artemis all the girls are beautiful that is what Zeus is more attractive to he found Artemis a beautiful girl he said what she wanted as a wish she responded I would want Bowen arrows never in gold but in silver . I think that it is a good thing and smart choice.
    The second thing I think that Medusa would be cool as a creature because the interested facts I read in books is the snakes on her head tell the scent when people are very near. Also I think that Medusa is also a good creature also is it is cool how her eyes make people turn to stone. They also say that Artemis 's mom put a curse on Medusa that how her hair turned to stone.
    HJ9

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favrite god is Zeus because he can throuw litning bolts in the wars in Mount ulimps. Mount ulimps is in the sky over the clouds and. Zeus is the king in Mount ulimpis and he mared alot of godisies in Mount ulimpis and he is the. Leeder in Mount ulimpis and he can tell all the god or godisies in Mount ulimpis.
    RE4

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite myth is Theseus and the minotaur because I like bulls and I think the myth was pretty cool and I like that the minotaur has a bull face and human body the most part I like about the minotaur that it holds a battle axe and my other favorite charter is Theseus the prince who went slay the minotaur. AG6

    ReplyDelete